Privacy Specialist (m/w/d)
- Neustadt an der Aisch
BusinessBike is booming!
Many are already benefiting from the advantages of a company bike. And we have been writing one success story after the other for years.
Together we want to get even more people excited about cycling.
We are looking for talented people who really want to make a difference.
What are you going to do:
Providing privacy assurance is an essential part of the bike leasing business. We are therefore looking for a passionate employee for realizing and safeguarding privacy compliance. You will be part of the Digital team of BMS and work closely with the responsible persons and Privacy Champions within the various Opco’s of BMS.
Your added value to BMS:
- Being the driving force to implement the privacy solutions and prove privacy compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) and other relevant privacy legislation within all the OpCo’s.
- Supporting the OpCo on providing assurance to customers by explaining privacy aspects during customer tenders.
- Being in the lead for privacy during Security & Privacy Intakes for new digital initiatives within BMS and handling identified (potential) data breaches.
- Being the privacy ambassador within BMS that broadcasts proactively the importance of privacy and new privacy developments and providing (together with the Privacy Officer Pon.BIKE) answers on more complex privacy questions to the business.
- Providing privacy training and privacy awareness sessions (together with the Privacy Officer Pon.BIKE) for employees of all Opcos.
- Sharing knowledge with the Privacy Champions in the OpCos, Privacy Officer Pon.Bike, and peers of other business groups.
- Coordinating, in conjunction with the Privacy Officer Pon.Bike, official investigations or inquiries by a government authority.
- Escalating to and triggering the involvement of the BMS management and Privacy Officer Pon.BIKE in case the business refrains from taking the required measures or acts in violation with the agreed privacy requirements.
- Supporting on performing tests of the operational effectiveness of the controls to prove that the OpCos within BMS has implemented adequate privacy measures.
- Reporting hierarchical to the Digital Director IT of BMS and reporting functional to the Privacy Officer Pon.BIKE on the status of proving privacy compliance, important developments, and issues that occurred (such as data breaches).
What do we expect:
- A bachelor degree or equivalent level of education in a relevant field.
- At least three year of relevant proven work experience in the field of privacy and data-driven companies.
- You have the relevant certification (like CIPP/E) or other relevant training.
- You have a proactive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and are able to operate both independently and in a team.
- You have perseverance and a hands-on mentality, and should be a self starter who can work independently.
- You dare to address people's actions and behavior and you come across as convincing.
- You also have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably also in German.
- Willing to travel frequently to the OpCo’s itself in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and other countries of BMS to ensure you know what is going on and are easy to contact (“be visible”) to discuss issues from the OpCo’s.
What are we offering:
- An attractive salary in a crisis-proof job.
- 13th month payment.
- 30 vacation days per annual year based on a full-time employment.
- Allowance for a BusinessBike, drinks in the office, extensive social benefits and team events.
- Active participation in the development of the company and the design of its structures.
- Individual opportunities for further development and career opportunities nationally and internationally.
- MacBook and iPhone provided plus fully equipped home office if needed.
- The freedom to Act to make this a successful role with future proof approach. Because of the new role this will be a year contract, with the possibility to become permanent afterwards.
- You will have two interviews with colleagues, the Digital Director IT of BMS and the Privacy Officer Pon.BIKE
- During these interviews we will discuss 1 or 2 cases to discuss your affinity and knowledge of relevant privacy legislation and to see how you effectively solve problems
- After the two interviews you will discuss the employment conditions with HR
Are you interested, but do you still have a question? Please feel free to contact Stephanie van Rossem (Head of People & Culture, email@example.com) on HR questions or Ibrahim Acet (Digital Director IT, Ibrahim.Acet@pon.com) about the job itself. Of course, you can already apply for this unique opportunity too! To do so, click on the button and send us your resume and motivation letter.